Thursday, March 24, 2011

Oatmeal...but better!

In continuing my quest to incorporate the 30 healthiest foods into the meals I make for my family, I decided to go for a breakfast item. Oatmeal. To make it more interesting, I added another super food, all natural peanut butter. Peanut butter and oatmeal? Oh yes! I wish I could take credit for this brilliant combination, but I got the idea from my Mom. It is a winner!

Here's the recipe:

Oatmeal with Peanut Butter

Super foods:

Oatmeal: Loaded with fiber to keep you full. It is also beneficial in controlling your cholesterol, which will help prevent heart disease.

All Natural Peanut Butter: Nuts have monounsaturated fats that are healthy for your heart. There is also a great amount of protein in peanut butter. It is important to look at the ingredients on the jar. Try to get peanut butter that only contains nuts and salt. You don't need any added sugar!


Old fashioned Oats (cook according to the instructions on the box)
1 tablespoon of peanut butter
1 teaspoon of Brown sugar
raisins to taste

Stir together and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment