Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Baby Trail Mix

I had a moment of panic the other day...I was out of snacks for the kiddos! As any Mommy knows, snacks are VERY IMPORTANT to a toddler. Usually I have graham crackers or fruit snacks, but I was waiting for the weekend to go grocery shopping so the pantry was out of stock. (gasp) As I was frantically foraging for anything the kids could carry around in their little snack bowls, I came across a box of multi grain cheerios and a bag of marshmallows...hmmmm. A little more rummaging produced a bag of raisins, and presto, baby trail mix! It's pretty nutritionally sound also with the multi grain cheerios and the really healthy raisins. The marshmallows are there just to entice the kids to eat it. Of course my daughter picks those out first and once they are gone will suffer with the healthy stuff. You want to know the best part though?  It is really easy to vacuum up off of the floor! It is quickly becoming a favorite around my house for several reasons.

Do you have any other snack ideas that have helped out in a pinch?

2 comments:

  1. thanks for visit and follow. Did you make your planner from my printable? If so, i would love to see what it looks like. Post it on your blog, i will link it up.
    Regarding snacks, i try to always have frozen blueberries in the freezer - easy yummy snack my son likes (a bit messy). Snack in a pinch - would be cheerios or kix cereals, just like that without milk. Raisins, walnuts, rise rusks, peanutbutterjelly sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Followed you over from MBC. I keep thinking about giving my girls raisins but I don't know why... I haven't been sure they can handle it (my twins are about two months younger than your twins). You've inspired me! The girls shall eat raisins!

    I've added you now. Add me back?

    ReplyDelete