Sunday, January 23, 2011

At the park

Today was so fun! We bundled the kiddos up and took them to the park to play. They have those funny little hats with the three pom poms on the top, so cute! We decided to go despite the 45 degree temperature because we were getting stir crazy being cooped up in the house. My kids need to exercise as much as I do. And boy was it ever a workout! I wonder how many calories my hubby and I burned climbing up ladders and sliding down slides? This isn't even taking into account that we had to run from one playground apparatus to the next. Apparently when you are 18 months old you need to go everywhere at a full sprint.

While we were there I looked around at all of the other park-goers and was thrilled to see so many people out being active. There were runners, walkers, bikers, and even a dad pulling a bike trailer with his two little girls in to to the playground so they could run and play.

This morning was a great reminder that going to the gym or on a run by yourself is not the only way to stay fit and healthy. Taking the kids to the park not only gave my husband and I some extra exercise, it also helped to teach our kids that being active is fun! And now they are so exhausted they are taking fabulous naps! A win-win if you ask me!

Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment