Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Stair Races!!

I'm not sure about you all, but we have been trapped in the house for a couple of days because of this terrible weather. I have two 18-month-olds who are climbing the walls. It has been so cold and icy that I can't even take them out for a walk...ugh.

So, what to do??? I have blocks, I have stairs...hmmmm. Stair races!!! We spent 45 minutes throwing blocks down the stairs, sliding down to get them, and running back up. What a workout!! The best part was that the kids took great naps afterward, they were exhausted. Good nap=good mood.

If you are finding yourself with an energetic little one, try stair races. If you don't have a set of stairs I'm sure shuttle races down a hallway would work just as well. And Mom, you get some accidental exercise too. It's a win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment